What's your idea, question, or bug report?

Allow for more than one custom do / don't goal

I have two custom 'don't' goals that I'd like to define for the month, but it doesn't seem like that's possible now.

317 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dhruvdhruv shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just checked, as I set up my May rules, and I see there are THREE variations of the DO rules and TWO variations of the DON'T rules. Is it possible the log just hasn't been updated?

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, What is the status of this idea? I need to set more than one days-per-week custom rule for March (2013) and it doesn't look like I can create a second rule without overwriting the first.

• Bero NizicBero Nizic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Allison said, it would still be useful to have as many custom rules in each category as we want.
        I want to have 3 custom X minutes/a day and now I can't do that.

• AllisonAllison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would still be useful to have as many custom rules in each category as we want.

• Matthew RutenMatthew Ruten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In January I had a "Review anki flashcards at least 6 times/week" rule, which was my custom rule. For Feb I am doing "Limit food intake to an 8-hour window at least 6 days/week" (intermittent fasting), which had to overwrite my Anki rule. (It looks like theres a "study something" I could use for Anki, so that might solve that.)

Another thing I wanted a custom goal for is "Limiting Caffeine", but instead of by cups, by time. So something like "Limit/no caffeine after 1pm".

• evacarlstromevacarlstrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hooray! I was so happy to see extra and different Custom Rules slots when I went to pick my rules for next month! Thanks, Buster! And just in time for a new personal growth goal, too.

• IevaIeva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add "work on my (personal project)" rule - for mental health tab, I guess. For me, it would be a novel, for others, it would be lighthouse modelling or game design, or photographing, or beading, or whatever else they're passionate about - just sometimes lack the nudge to actually do it.

• nuginugi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could be a great goal tracker (mental health), as well as health (nutrition).

• adrienneadrienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe as a workaround you could change the way that "custom notes to yourself" display? Instead of just having them be a tiny little note on our page, have them replace the actual goal title or be a prominent subtitle? That way us Spoonies (and everyone else) could pick a goal that's CLOSE to what we need, and then modify the title or subtitle to make it clearer/more appropriate for us?

• Michele CoxMichele Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I move up from three goals, I'm definitely going to want more than one custom "do" goal.

• Buster BensonBuster Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment, I don't think I'm going to make it in by January. It's a little more complicated than it seems, and is just not high enough on the priority list yet. But please let me know how the Spoonies team adapts, and if there is any way for me to perhaps add more specific rules that would be useful for them.

• rickybuchananrickybuchanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is listed as "planned" - is there any chance it will be implemented for January? I'm creating a "Spoonies" team which is aimed at people who are chronically ill and disabled and I think this group will (on average) be more likely to want custom rules for themselves as our goals tend to be different to average!

• peppersasenpeppersasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to times for day/week, maybe also hours? Suggestions:

- Insomnia-related rule (that says you should force yourself to bed by a certain hour);
        - Internet-addiction (it's mental health problem!) and privacy/over-sharing. For example: a maximum of 1-3 social network entries per week;
        - the ability/option to merge the vegetables/fruits rules? because honestly, sometimes i don't have both in the house and i can't afford everything. as long as i'm eating something fresh and healthy...

The current custom rules buttons confuse me. All I know is that if I did a good job that day I should press green and if I didn't I'd press red. It's especially confusing when I set a custom rule that I should only blog a maximum of 3 times per week (this can mean 3 blogs a day per week OR 1 blog entry per day in a week). I currently have one privacy/internet-addiction custom rule: http://healthmonth.com/profile/peppersasen, but I can't even figure out to work with it--I'm worried I'll press the wrong button and lose points over a mistake. :(

• Linden CLinden C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a brilliant idea! I do like the idea of turning popular custom goals into pre-defined ones within the game, but multiple custom goals allow people to set multiple personal goals in the meantime.

I'm with Megan on the ability to set multiple exercise goals, too. For well-rounded health, you're ideally supposed to be engaging in strength training, cardio, and flexibility training. It would be nice to set goals for each so you can track. A lot of people have one go-to workout and struggle to meet basic targets for the others and this would help them work their way there.

• VenkaVenka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Say, couldn't you have HealthMonth compile a list of all custom goals, then run some tool that groups first identical, then similar entries together and ranks the groups according to the number of occurrences? I know, I didn't look up any such programs myself either, but there has to be something that does such an analysis, e.g. amongst open-source spell-check algorithms.
        This way, you could have a list of suggestions prepared for inclusion amongst the regular, off-the-shelf goals without everybody and their aunt having to petition for their favourite.
        Just an idea, thanks for your work - V :D

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base