What's your idea, question, or bug report?

Comments-by-email still not coming - Nov 11, 2013 - PLEASE FIX FOR US!

9 days later.... I'm still not getting the comments by email. Sometimes they come much later, in a big lump, sometimes they don't seem to come at all.

Admin, are you working on this? Could you please fix it for us?

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MaryAnnMaryAnn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ElsaMacbebekinElsaMacbebekin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the detailed response, and please let us know if you need more info (patterns/times of notification arrivals, for example) to investigate and resolve the problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for your hard work on this site. We don't tend to notice when things are running smoothly that it takes a lot of effort to make that happen. The glitches are annoying, but just wanted to say that overall the site works beautifully and wanted to acknowledge the hard work you put in to coding for maintenance and improvements.
        Thank you!

• SmithaSmitha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Billy,

Thank you for the update. Just letting you know that i am still not receiving email notifications. I hope this will be resolved soon, and i will report back on what i notice.

• HealthMonth TeamAdminHealthMonth Team (Admin, Health Month) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

I do apologize, an update was actually made to that bug report a few days ago regarding your concerns, however I just realized it did not post to the public side properly. So I had thought you had all been updated and didn't realize that in fact you had not gotten my update. The bug report system is not something we run in house but rather a third party system we use so I will have to look into that, not sure if it was user error and I did something wrong or if the company that provides us with that software had a bug.

Regarding the actual issue at hand however, the email problem. We are aware of it and working on it, I can assure you of that.

Starting in Sept. we ran into a number of related issues and I believe the email problem is the last part of that and once resolved that it will work. Basically the issues in Sept were performance related problems were some users were getting errors and items not posting to the site, etc. because the infrastructure couldn't keep up. We worked with our infrastructure provider to make necessary changes to be sure that the infrastructure was up to what we needed, while at the same time pushing out some major and very aggressive code changes designed at fixing that issue and increasing performance. Some of these we were already working on and some were new items that we identified as problems and were tackling for the first time.

Most of these code changes were under the hood changes, so while they did not change the interface that our users interact with they made drastic changes to how the software worked and performed in the background. A lot of these changes were changes that were made to original code, that was not designed to support the user base we have today, and that was originally created when the site was just a project idea, and that had been built upon over the many changes over the years. So making these changes was not a simple project.

Furthermore because we were trying to resolve active problems and improve performance issues that were affecting users right at that time we were not able to fully test and troubleshoot the new code before deploying it on the live servers. This means that though I do believe we made large improvements and have moved leaps and bounds ahead of where we were by deploying this code, some of the bugs that we would normally find in development and fix before released ended up being released to the wilds.

The biggest problem being that of the email issue. When it first reared it's ugly head we weren't able to immediately address it as we were finishing the fixes on the last performance bugs that could create quite a problem if not addressed. However those have been fully addressed and in the last few days 100% of our focus has been on fixing the email issue. We are making improvements and fully expect it to be fully resolved in the near future.

Though we definitely do not want to let any of our regular health monthers down, we are very appreciative for the passion that you have for Health Month and how much it means for you to have the site up and running. We look very forward to having this fully resolved, and behind us so we can get back to focusing on new features and upgrades to the system.

Some of these under the hood the changes have removed some of the hurdles that were in our way for us to begin coding and working on other features and issues. Health Month definitely has a bright future and we are so happy that all of you are part of it.

If you have any other questions for me please feel free to ask at anytime and I will re-post this on the bug report.

• MaryAnnMaryAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wednesday morning, Nov 13 -- just like Smitha reported, in my email Inbox this morning there were over 60 email notifications from Health Month..... the accumulation over the past couple of days.

Billy, can you fill please us in on what's happening with these site glitches?

• ocherdracoocherdraco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in to say that I am also experiencing this problem, and it is also quite irritating.

• SmithaSmitha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Billy and others in Team HM,

I've just received all 162 notifications from healthmonth (posts, comments, gifts, new followers) for the past 2 days in one go at my inbox. Why is this happening? Will we be able to get notifications as soon as posts are made, at least from here on?

We would all really appreciate an update from Team Healthmonth.

Smitha.

• Ginger StampleyGinger Stampley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting notifications in groups, a couple of days' worth at once, and "play today" notifications late or not at all.

• ElsaMacbebekinElsaMacbebekin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me, neither. My last notification was on Nov 10th, though on the 11th and 12th, several members posted comments on my posts and in posts on which I've commented.

• Kimberly WKimberly W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not getting email reminders, updates , etc. either. I find this wearying. I will stick with HM through the end of the year and if things like this haven't improved I will look for an alternate venue.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am either not getting anything or 2 days worth all at once, pretty annoying, can you fix this please!

Billy et al, please see this thread: http://healthmonth.com/n/295805
        Numerous comments and concerns about the problems with the site.
        We're wondering what's happening --- can you fill us in?

Have the email notifications been turned off altogether?
        I haven't been receiving them at all lately.

. . . and could you fill us in on the status of this problem?
        It's been plaguing us for quite a while now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base