What's your idea, question, or bug report?

Allow for sick days

Need some sort of rule for sick days. Sucks to lose life points because I was sick, not just too lazy to follow my rules!

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    dmvdmv shared a merged idea: Health-based rule 'pause'  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also find that when I'm sick is when it's most important to maintain my health rules as these are what help me get better! If you have an injury to one part of your body that you usually work out, maybe try to work out another area that you don't usually work out and that's still in good condition. I'm opposed to the sick days rule because I'm worried that when I'm feeling crappy I'll end up using the sick days, when really the best thing for me to do is to keep following my health rules as best as I can!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. If you're sick, you're not healthy (whether or not it's your fault or not or if your habits are still in-line with a healthy life-style). You should just rely on the support of the people in your game to give you life points you lose while your sick.

• Eyebrows McGeeEyebrows McGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could even give people the option to replace their rules with one "sick" rule -- eat a prescribed diet, get extra rest, seek support from friends, remember to take medicine, hydrate, ice the sprain, etc. If you followed your sick person rule you'd get just a handful of points but wouldn't lose any life while not following your other rules. Encourage people to engage in healthy behaviors while sick or injured!

• JanetJanet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! I don't have an exercise rule, but I spun the wheel and got asked if I had gone to the gym. Because I hadn't (because my body is already sore from being sick), I didn't get any surprise points.

• YenniYenni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was banned from working out by my doctor till she clears me because I dislocated my pelvis from my tail bone on the left side, but I've got an exercise rule. I really wish there was a way to just mark that rule as medically incapable or something. i definitely vote for this idea.

• peppersasenpeppersasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do i deal with sick days now while it's still being planned? i was sick (hospitalized for a couple of days) from March 28 and i wasn't taking notes of what i was doing while i was hospitalized (as well as the first days after being discharged from the hospital). i'd fill those days (it's not that i mind losing life points or anything), but i honestly can't remember what i did because i was delirious.

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made fantastic progress in January but caught H1N1 or something on Feb 1, and was out of commission for three weeks. I even tried going to the gym because of the guilt and ended up making myself worse. I think there should be some sort of option to suspend certain rules or be able to use special fruit for rules you can't follow when ill.

• peppersasenpeppersasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i totally agree! maybe "sick and injury days" would be nice. i just fractured a toe bone and all i can think of is how lucky i was that i didn't add the yoga rule this month (i was planning on adding it in January).

• sidewalkdivasidewalkdiva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looking forward to this -- particularly in the context of /this/ month, when many folks travel & most of the healthy habits are about setting up a healthy lifestyle, not judging ourselves on special occasions. If I adhere to my goals for myself /except/ for when I'm on vacation, I think I'm doing pretty good!!

• sidewalkdivasidewalkdiva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like this -- I had legitimate reasons this month too -- some of my rules were simply not practical under the unusual circumstances (no, I wasn't sick, but I /was/ doing my level best under the circumstances)

Feedback and Knowledge Base