What's your idea, question, or bug report?

Times per month/day/custom in addition to times per week

I'd like to use some of the "limit X" goals, but I don't do X more than once a week, and I don't want to stop entirely either! It'd be nice if we could choose a different scale.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vorfeedvorfeed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Katie McMillenKatie McMillen shared a merged idea: Track water by day instead of week  ·   · 
    KateKate shared a merged idea: Rules: have a custom "# times per week" as well as "# days per week"  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ejrollinsonejrollinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also love to be able to make rules for doing something once or twice a month. I need some encouragement to get big things done that I've been putting off...

• s.ying.lins.ying.lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I totally agree about changing the water rule to "by day." It's a strange idea to keep track of the number of glasses per week. I deleted this rule because of this, even though I do want to drink more water...

• darcadarca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. And there are several rules (drink water, limit tv or internet) that are really DAILY limits not weekly limits. And trying to divide it up to meet an artificial weekly limit just doesn't work.

• NekoschNekosch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of rules that don't really make sense when tracked weekly. You can't fix your water deficit during the week by drinking 10 litters on Sunday. It's obviously useless and even harmful.

• MischelleMischelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be great...I think it would be nice especially on something like a dating rule...I find it hard to go from basically zero to once a week immediately, it would be nice to try to work up to it by being able to choose once or twice a month to start.

• ConesAreComingConesAreComing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad someone put this up. It was an issue I had earlier this month and left me only with the option to default to a custom rule instead.

• MJMJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and I think sometimes you just want a 'one-time' goal, something to complete just once or twice in that month, rather than every week, eg making a phonecall you've been putting off that's important to your health/happiness. (That's a terrible example but the only one I can think of right now). If you could make goals per day/month as well as per week you would have more flexibility with things like this.

• pinkbarbarypinkbarbary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im agree!! ... !! should give us some more chance for the thing we didnt feel exactly at 1st . thx

• MichaelaMichaela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this issue, too. My custom don't rule is avoiding the elevator at work and there are times of day when it's harder to do this than others (first thing in the morning after I've hiked in uphill from the bus stop) and if I take it just once in a given day, I've blown the whole day.

• peppersasenpeppersasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this one. I've added custom goals for the first time ever this month (and I plan on adding some more next month since my life is such a mess). In addition to times for day/week, maybe also hours? I have a couple of plans for next month:

- Insomnia-related rule (that says I should force myself to bed by a certain hour);
        - Internet-addiction and privacy/over-sharing: a maximum of 1-3 social network entries per week.

The current custom rules buttons confuse me. All I know is that if I did a good job that day I should press green and if I didn't I'd press red. It's especially confusing when I set a custom rule that I should only blog a maximum of 3 times per week (this can mean 3 blogs a day per week OR 1 blog entry per day in a week), I really don't know how to work that out... :(

• SiriSiri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll second this one, I wanted to make a custom "give more compliments" rule for December, but I'd prefer it to be "5 times a week" instead of "5 days a week," it'd be much easier to deal with that way.

Feedback and Knowledge Base